Young Driver Scheme
A unique experience for young drivers
Do you know anyone who is under the age of 17 years and who would like to start driving lessons? We provide 15 and 16 year olds with professional tuition from DSA Approved Driving Instructors in dual control cars to help them develop car handling skills on a network of private roads.
- Priority will be given to 16 year olds, but places will be allocated to 15 year olds if vacancies permit.
- Lessons are arranged on the 3rd Sunday of each month on private land at Earls Colne Business Park, Earls Colne, Essex CO6 2NS.
- All driving lessons will be in Dual Controlled Cars with a DSA ADI (a Driving Standards Agency Approved Driving Instructor), so that young people can develop car control skills before they go out onto the public Highway.
- We now have an automatic car that can have adaptations added for learners with disabilities or for anyone that would like to have lessons in this type of car.
- Click here for details about the scheme.
- Click here for registration details.
- Essex Police show their support.
- See what the Press had to say.
- To contact the YDS Organiser e-mail or telephone 07847 645632.
- For others schemes operating across the country, see the list of UK young driver scheme links compiled by the IAM.